Podcasts are the perfect learning tool for multitaskers. You can walk the dog, workout, or pick up a Starbucks and be educated and entertained at the same time. That’s why .orgSource, .orgCommunity’s partner consultancy, is excited to launch the Association 4.0 series. If you’re already a podcast fan, you just scored some great new episodes. If you’re new to the medium, our programs might get you hooked.
This group of recordings from our consultants and colleagues was created to:
- Present innovative perspectives on issues that keep leaders up at night.
- Provide advice from experts in our industry about topics ranging from governing your organization to governing your data, and points in between.
- Offer strategies and tactics that you can use immediately to navigate the digital marketplace.
- Position your organization for success in an uncertain future.
.orgSource is focused on how associations need to change to succeed in Industry 4.0, or a marketplace dominated by technology. Because associations sit at the intersection of people and professions, we have a unique opportunity to provide value to members by giving them tools to succeed in this new business environment. We call that constellation of skills Association 4.0.
There’s just one catch. To achieve this goal, associations need to integrate the trends that drive industry 4.0 into their business models. This shift requires a new way of planning for the future.
Our podcast series is a gateway to understanding the demands of digital commerce, the expectations of the next generation of members, and how to provide the value they are seeking.
These are a few of the topics we’ll explore:
Creating an Education Strategy That Will Keep Your Members Coming Back
- Update professional development offerings.
- Get the latest information on new learning techniques.
- Discover how microlearning boosts online engagement and market share.
The Impact of the Low Touch Economy on Associations. What’s Your Strategy in the New World?
- Understand the characteristics of the Low Touch Economy.
- Hear the results of .orgSource’s recent survey of association leaders.
- Find opportunities for innovation in this new environment.
Emerging From Crisis. What Associations Need To Consider To Thrive in the Future.
- Prepare your organization to effectively address emergent challenges.
- Develop new models for success.
- Hone leadership skills for the digital marketplace.
Lessons Learned During the 2008 Recession.
- Use examples from the 2008 recession to navigate today’s uncertain economic, social, and cultural environment.
- Hear how Abe Eshkenazi, CEO at the Association for Supply Chain Management, successfully led his organization through an economic downturn.
- Communicate effectively during a crisis.
Scenario Planning. Preparing for Whatever May Come.
- Apply scenario planning techniques to improve decision-making.
- Gain a greater sense of control over your organization’s future.
- Use data to motivate teams and guide outcomes.
Lean on Your Culture in Difficult Times
- Use mission, vision, and values as a guide in meeting challenges.
- Give your team a shared sense of purpose.
- Unify constituents around compelling ideas.
Gain New Perspective
We are passionate about helping associations to integrate digital commerce into their business models. In the forward to our book, Association 4.0: Positioning for Success in an Era of Disruption, Paul Markowski, CAE, CEO of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists had this to say about the need to meet Industry 4.0 with a new perspective:
“Perhaps you and your board have been lucky. No crisis has rocked your industry or caused your members to question your mission. But If you imagine that clouds are not looming on the horizon, you simply have not looked far enough ahead. We are in the midst of a perfect technological storm. The same forces that are redesigning how business gets done are also reinventing customer expectations. Your members and constituents want you to deliver services and products better, faster, and more personally than ever before. If your association can’t meet those demands, trust me, someone else is waiting in the wings.
“. . .Technology can no longer be regarded as a tool or a tactic, it must become a strategy that saturates every aspect of your business. My own experiences leading several associations through technological make-overs have convinced me of the truth behind this concept. In every case, the value derived from this approach far outweighed the effort. Digital transformation can give organizations the power and flexibility to move from mediocre performance to unqualified success.”
If you’ve been struggling to help your team or your board understand the need for change, this podcast series provides an easy and convenient introduction to the importance of gaining new perspectives and competencies. Industry 4.0 challenges us on a myriad of fronts. I hope these recordings will put stepping up to Association 4.0 within easier reach.